Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap in skirting boards

Options
  • 13-11-2020 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have got a lot of gaps in my skirting boards around my house and stairs from movement. I'm only in my new house less than 2 years. Can anyone advise me what to fill them up with before I paint them. Should I use caulk and if so what's the best to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭brimeh

I did this recently in my house and after trying one type of caulk that I couldn't use very well (was dry and sticky) I used arc flexible decorators filler. Comes in a white yellow and black tube and was surprisingly easy to use. Paint went over it no problem too

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

brimeh wrote: »
    I did this recently in my house and after trying one type of caulk that I couldn't use very well (was dry and sticky) I used arc flexible decorators filler. Comes in a white yellow and black tube and was surprisingly easy to use. Paint went over it no problem too

Bring a tub of water and a rag when you are caulking, keep the finger you are smoothing out the caulk with wet all the time, it makes the job a lot easier and a much better finish.

Your finger will glide over the caulk when wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Caulk along with bit of water to dampen your finger before you run it long and a cloth to wipe any excess.

Advertisement