Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace inset Gas fire with electric

Options
  • 12-11-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all, I’m just thinking about changing out our current inset gas fire in the sitting room with an electric one, and would appreciate any advice I can get.

Basically, we don’t use the Gas fire, and would really be using the electric one more for decorative effect (showing flames, but not actually heating).

Outside of needing an RGI installer to cap off the gas supply, I don’t know what else would be involved (apart from buying the electric fire).

Would anyone have a ballpark cost of swapping out the gas fire for an inset electric fire to replace it, and any hidden things/costs I’d need to consider?

As it’s only really for decorative reasons it may well not be worth the cost, but I’m interested in finding out a bit more before making a decision.

Advertisement