Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Mintos Crowdfunding

• 12-11-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ dazed+confused

What do people make of the Mintos crowding due to start on 16th Nov?

https://www.mintos.com/en/mintos-is-crowdfunding/

I see there are various gifts on offer for different levels of investment, but what actually happens to my investment amount?

€10 – Shareholder community

You’ll get exclusive access to the Mintos crowdfunding investors section on our community forum.

€500 – First-hand product access

You'll join a select community of Mintos customers who get early access to new products and ideas. Plus, you'll get the exclusive access to the shareholder community too.

€1000 – Mintos swag

Your choice of exclusive Mintos swag: thermos, water bottle, or baseball cap. Plus, you’ll get early access to new products and our shareholder community too.

€2500 – Exclusive Mintos card

You’ll get a limited edition Mintos payment card (once we launch it), as well as our coveted black Mintos sweater. Plus, you’ll get all rewards from previous tiers, too.

€10 000 – VIP access to our CEO

You’ll have direct contact with our CEO and Co-Founder Martins Sulte for any ideas and questions around Mintos. Plus, you’ll get all rewards from previous tiers, too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭ Timmaay

Peer2peer, dont mind any of the sales pitches, its subprime lending, run away fullstop is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭ Timmaay

https://kristapsmors.substack.com/p/p2p-or-wtf-platforms-how-its-going?fbclid=IwAR1Lz07Co8_kU1Lz3-pFGn5GMynaXNiW7ACQ-a__oBdYMZ4FLCbrjr9n68w

I'm still licking my wounds after losing 100% of capital that I put into Grupeer which at the time appeared to be one of the better p2p.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ dazed+confused

Thank you both, your posts seem to tally with the advice I am getting elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭ littlevillage

Mintos is one of the biggest and seemingly one of the best p2p companies around Europe. There's a few of them floated as public companies and doing OK. DYOR

Soo this 'opportunity' looks like a chance to buy a share in Mintos in the hope that you can get a nice dividend or it gets bought out/floated in the future...and your investment is then valued at a lot more.

Personally I am a lender on Mintos and made a nice few bucks (10-15% returns) between 2017 & 2019...when it was absolutely flying. I fortunately liquidated nearly all my accrued capital in Dec 2019. Now, with Covid things have gotten decidedly sketchy for p2p companies (as it has for all financial companies)

There's a full thread that discuses p2p

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057851347

You might be better off just signing up as a lender and seeing how it goes from there. The whole buying a slice of the company is all a little too "Jam tomorrow" for me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007

I see there are various gifts on offer for different levels of investment, but what actually happens to my investment amount?

It's not an investment, you are basically a disadvantaged venture capitalist, pouring money into subprime lending. The presents are a thank you for your donation.

If all goes really well you might make some money, if not too bad so sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 Hoffmans

Must be a gold plated gucci mintos baseball cap for 1000€

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Must be a gold plated gucci mintos baseball cap for 1000€

Was thinking the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ thefridge2006

Unfortunately I think we may see plenty of similar stories in the coming months.

Advertisement