Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to a condenser boiler.

Options
  • 12-11-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Our old Firebird popular 82 boiler is on the way out and I was looking to replace it.
    I will probably go down the DIY route again as the previous one was straightforward enough. It appears that condenser boilers are the way to go now.

Any suggested models or where to order them from? Also, if anyone was familiar with the installation process: Will all the utilities that I have wired or piped for the previous boiler do, or will any new ones have to be installed? For example, is it true that a waste line have to be installed? Are there any grants available for this anymore? I would consider getting a professional to do it if there are. If not, il try the DIY.

Advertisement