Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company Lump Sum

Options
  • 12-11-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

for the mods: I am not looking for financial advice or some shady ways to pull one over on revenue

I am looking for some sugestions on what to do with a lump sum in company account, I am going to get in touch with the accountant for advice but would like some ideas to bring to him incase he/I hasnt though of it

I've a large sum built up this year sitting in a ltd company that Im not sure what to do with, I've maxed out the director salaries(in the 20% bracket) and took out all posible expenses and bought what I could through the company already

My options are as I see them;
    - put into pension at 0% tax
    - take it out and part with 51% of the money in taxes
    - leave in company and get hit with corp tax - maybe leave it in company until I want to take time off or I'm out of a job and pay the corp tax plus 20% as income down the line - this way id lose about 32% to the tax man vs the 51% above

Is there any other options? I was thinking maybe invest it?(that way I wont be paying corp tax on it) cash in the investment when I need the money again? - not sure if that exactly right/legal or possible?

Put it towards a property maybe?

I've also heard you can eventually close the company down and take out a lump sum tax free after so many years?

Comments

Advertisement