Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral Minoxidil

Options
  • 12-11-2020 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone got oral minoxidil prescribed from a doctor or clinic in Ireland?

Thinking of asking my GP but not sure he will have a clue and get charged €50 for nothing, would like to go to doctor or clinic who has experience with it

Have used topical minoxidil and Finasteride for years with good success, but oral minoxidil at very low doses is much more effective

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭HBC08

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone got oral minoxidil prescribed from a doctor or clinic in Ireland?

Thinking of asking my GP but not sure he will have a clue and get charged €50 for nothing, would like to go to doctor or clinic who has experience with it

Have used topical minoxidil and Finasteride for years with good success, but oral minoxidil at very low doses is much more effective

I would be very careful before starting it,i considered it myself but there's a history of heart trouble and not worth the risk for me.
    Also has other side effects like increased body hair.It is supposed to be more effective than oral though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

HBC08 wrote: »
    I would be very careful before starting it,i considered it myself but there's a history of heart trouble and not worth the risk for me.
    Also has other side effects like increased body hair.It is supposed to be more effective than oral though.

Read that alright

My BP hovers around 130/85 so it might be useful for that

Was reading studies its well tolerated at 1mg daily

Was thinking going very low dose

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Which is the most effective of all hair loss products?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Which is the most effective of all hair loss products?

A hat and keeping it tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

A hat and keeping it tidy.

Luckily my hair loss is minimal I dont need a hat other than for warmth. Are you saying neither of these products are effective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement