Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 4G signal on new Eir sim

Options
  • 12-11-2020 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Got an eir PAYG sim and no matter what I do I cant get any 4G signal on it best seems to be H+. I am close to Galway city and using my girlfriends GoMo sim (Same network in use I think) or my sisters 3 sim I get good 4G speeds.

I tried to change the APN settings as per the eir website but no joy. Wondering if anyone might have any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,391 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call them, sometimes it needs to be activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭testtech05

Call them, sometimes it needs to be activated.

Makes sense, will try that, hopefully I get through to a human today!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I tried to change the APN settings as per the eir website but no joy. Wondering if anyone might have any other ideas?

data.mymeteor.ie

data.myeirmobile.ie

Try both to see if it works.

Sometimes a phone restart resolves it.

If it's an iPhone then check that all APN entries have been populated with the eir APN and that there isn't another network's APN listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thanks for the replies guys after being passed around between different departments I finally got it sorted something was not activated on the backend with my account it seems.

This was only after they had tried to blame my phone and the sim amongst other things. In fairness the last CS rep I spoke to was very helpful and got me sorted in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

An Eir CS Rep that was actually helpful and sorted an issue - Surely this was all a dream?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

Had same problem, they did something to sort it

Advertisement