Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Water Cylinder connections - Help Please

Options
  • 12-11-2020 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I just purchased a Joules standard Indirect Hot Water Cylinder. On the top there are three holes, one for the immersion, one for Hot water outlet and a third hole.

What is this hole for and what do I need to plug it as there was no such hole on the original tank.

I purchased a 3/4" stopend, but this seems slightly too big to screw into it?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

DomMCT wrote: »
    Hi,

I just purchased a Joules standard Indirect Hot Water Cylinder. On the top there are three holes, one for the immersion, one for Hot water outlet and a third hole.

What is this hole for and what do I need to plug it as there was no such hole on the original tank.

I purchased a 3/4" stopend, but this seems slightly too big to screw into it?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic

Radiators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Its for a dedicated supply to a shower/bathroom pump if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You’ll need a 3/4” brass plug. Do not use a gunbarrell plug for this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

MOD NOTE:

Just for your future information DomMCT; It's considered spamming when you post the same question on 2 different forums (fora).

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DomMCT

Thank you! Extremely helpful & much appreciated. It is a copper cylinder purchased from Screwfix (no Manual). It does seem that it is an option for a Pumped shower. I found that a 3/4 Flange Plug fits snugly. Obviously its a different size or thread to the 3/4 pipe stopend.

Your support is much appreciated!

Cheers!
    P.S. Wearb, I apologize.

• Advertisement
Advertisement