Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting an iphone

Options
  • 12-11-2020 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I would like to sell my iPhone on EBay. I’m just wondering about postage. Has anyone posted a phone abroad? Are you allowed due to the battery? I don’t want to list it and then not be able to send it. Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Would you not try Adverts.ie?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It has been asked many times before. An Post won't take it because of the lithium-ion batteries. Your only option is a courier service such as TNT, UPS or DHL. Their costs are very high. Better off selling in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

send by any sea/road carrier.

GLS, Fastway, Parcel Motel, DPD - all of these use ferry/road for UK and European parcels. Fully tracked and reasonably priced

I never understand how people think that the only option expensive air couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

whiterebel wrote: »
    It has been asked many times before. An Post won't take it because of the lithium-ion batteries. Your only option is a courier service such as TNT, UPS or DHL. Their costs are very high. Better off selling in Ireland.

I use UPS fairly frequently, they're actually quite reasonable. Their express services are expensive but most people won't need to use them. They're usually cheaper than DPD and often An Post as well.

DHL and FedEx are very expensive.

Advertisement