Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Mouse Traps / outdoor baiting stations

Options
  • 12-11-2020 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any joy with these ?

The type that give the mouse an electric shock to kill it ? I'm looking into getting a few , on paper they sound good.

The mice are ignoring my snap traps and I need to put the traps in some awkward places where before the mice have run off with the trap once they have a limb caught in it and we have to listen to them dying slowly between the wall cavity or behind a cupboard.

I'm wondering about bait boxes outside the house too ? Good idea or would they come in and die under the floor boards and leave a stench ?

Thanks for any tips

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can screw a small eye screw into the edge of a trap and use some twine to secure it to another eye screw.
    337_1_1_1397734581.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Barry; It's a complex issue. But, on the face of it? I'd probably suggest ye kit yeself out with some gear such as I've used, professionally, to great effect over many years.

I'd also like to know it ye living in a terraced, semi or detached property. That's extremely relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Stigura wrote: »
    Barry; It's a complex issue. But, on the face of it? I'd probably suggest ye kit yeself out with some gear such as I've used, professionally, to great effect over many years.

I'd also like to know it ye living in a terraced, semi or detached property. That's extremely relevant.

semi Detatched house , please say more about the gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Semi D? Excellent! Good for you. That'll make things so much easier :)

I trust ye get on well with the neighbours? Because, having them on side will make Everything a Lot better.

Just waiting on a visitor turning up, any time, here. But, I'll try to rustle up a link to the stuff I'm suggesting. I'll PM it to ye as it's a third party business site and ye'll need to register on it. Nothing sinister. Just it's Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I bought one but it didn't work.

The DIY pipe bait stations, however, worked a treat. At least the bait was eaten and the rats were gone, or at least kept their heads down.

Rats are everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement