Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Air 2 - purchasing in Ireland (not from Amazon)

Options
  • 11-11-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at purchasing one of the Mavic Air 2 combo packs this month, and would prefer to purchase it in Ireland as I can reclaim VAT through my company.

Camera Centre seem to have the best deal at 1,031 inc VAT, are they decent to deal with?

Also is the new DJI Mini 2 worth considering, or is the Mavic Air 2 still the more advanced drone?

It's heavier which would hopefully mean better in wind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

You can purchase from Amazon VAT free if you set up a business account and enter your VAT number.
    If thats any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You can purchase from Amazon VAT free if you set up a business account and enter your VAT number.
    If thats any help to you.

No, I have that setup alright, but it's still €30 cheaper to buy here after deducting VAT so my question is really about whether people have dealt with Camera Centre before and if any issues

Amazon UK: £790.80 ex VAT (€881.41)

Camera Centre € 852.88 ex VAT

but also nice to have somewhere local to return it to if issues

mrcheez wrote: »
    but also nice to have somewhere local to return it to if issues
    Totally understand.

I see Harvey Norman have it for €1,049 Incl VAT and they've always been good with returns in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bg101389

Looking at purchasing one of the Mavic Air 2 combo packs this month, and would prefer to purchase it in Ireland as I can reclaim VAT through my company.

Camera Centre seem to have the best deal at 1,031 inc VAT, are they decent to deal with?

Also is the new DJI Mini 2 worth considering, or is the Mavic Air 2 still the more advanced drone?

It's heavier which would hopefully mean better in wind.

Mavic air 2 is certainly heavier than the Mini 2, so it performs better in high winds. But you still need to watch out for sudden gusts. My mate lost a Mini 2 last month due to high winds. I personally always check the weather through a good weather app like climacell or shadow before I go flying. BTW you probably wont need an IAA license to fly the Mini 2 ( I might be wrong, so check before you buy it).

bg101389 wrote: »
    Mavic air 2 is certainly heavier than the Mini 2, so it performs better in high winds. But you still need to watch out for sudden gusts. My mate lost a Mini 2 last month due to high winds. I personally always check the weather through a good weather app like climacell or shadow before I go flying. BTW you probably wont need an IAA license to fly the Mini 2 ( I might be wrong, so check before you buy it).

The Air 2 has a better camera than Mini 2 right?

• Advertisement

bg101389 wrote: »
    If by license you mean IAA registration, then yes you do (if flown above 15m)
    The weigh of the drone is of no consequence in Ireland regarding this.

As for weather apps, UAV forecast is also a good one and has a good few customizable options.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The Air 2 has a better camera than Mini 2 right?

Yes, the Air 2 has a larger sensor and more camera options and profiles than the Mini 2.

theothernt wrote: »
    Yes, the Air 2 has a larger sensor and more camera options and profiles than the Mini 2.

The big thing about the Mini 2 over the Air 2 is just the size really then?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The big thing about the Mini 2 over the Air 2 is just the size really then?

Yeah, basically size and cost - although both drones are small and light in reality.

(just look at the Phantom 4 - it's big, doesn't fold up, and noisey in comparison!)

Although I believe the Air 2 is not so light as to make it unusable in average Irish breezes... at least that's what I'm hoping.

Have had bad experiences with my budget sub €150 drones so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Anybody reckon that any sites such as DJI, Harvey Norman, Droneworks etc will have any discount on the air 2 for black Friday? Holding out in hope..

KinsellaJ wrote: »
    Anybody reckon that any sites such as DJI, Harvey Norman, Droneworks etc will have any discount on the air 2 for black Friday? Holding out in hope..

I'm waiting to make my order till that period arrives as well.. have watches on Amazon UK as well as it may be cheaper than B&M shops (before VAT) if the discount is sufficient enough

Advertisement