Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new consumer unit

Options
  • 11-11-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,
    My consumer unit is the old type screw in fuses and looking to upgrade to a new one.
    The house is a 3 bed bungalow so not that big.
    Any idea what price I should be expecting before I call an electrician for a quote,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

So odds are the wiring in 40 years old too? Would you touch it if you were an electrician? You could well be looking at a full rewire

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

So odds are the wiring in 40 years old too? Would you touch it if you were an electrician? You could well be looking at a full rewire

From being in the attic looks to be the grey twin and earth cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Ryans1993 wrote: »
    From being in the attic looks to be the grey twin and earth cable
    When was that put in? Even if there's new cable here and there, the circuit design will need to change in places so that rated circuits can be put in.
    It's a great time to rewire and it's likely there is some very old cable in other areas of the house.

Advertisement