Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Day from 11th November 2020

Options

Comments

what is the percentage chance of getting delivery by Christmas I wonder.... between slow delivery from China and An Post putting the delivery priority of stuff from China to the very bottom (especially when busy with other mail from say Amazon)

especially since online is going to be bigger for ordering this Christmas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m getting regular post from China within 2 weeks now, no delays at all but customs are extra eager lately so parcel wizard etc are a good idea if you are spending a few quid

but you can appreciate that the Christmas rush (that will start around Black Friday end Nov) is going to play havoc with the volumes that will be hitting the system and the China stuff being put at the bottom.

wouldn't be buying Christmas presents basically without expecting them not to have a decent chance of not being delivered in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

That Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G for £311 is getting my attention. Any obvious reason not to pull the trigger?

That Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G for £311 is getting my attention. Any obvious reason not to pull the trigger?

what site?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

• Advertisement

looks alright just be aware that aliexpress warranty only goes to 15 days after delivery afaik and you can't pay with paypal so no extra cover there.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m getting regular post from China within 2 weeks now, no delays at all but customs are extra eager lately so parcel wizard etc are a good idea if you are spending a few quid

https://www.thejournal.ie/an-post-christmas-deliveries-5262276-Nov2020/

you know where the China post priority will go....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

I feel with all this focus on consumerism the true meaning of Singles Day is being lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Spec wise check out the poco x3 nfc. For 200 gbp on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Lifestyle Sports - 11% off everything (pretty much everything)

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Spec wise check out the poco x3 nfc. For 200 gbp on amazon

Xiaomi Mi 10T is in a much higher class of phone really tho

5G

top-end cpu

high refresh screen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wines of the World - Irish online wine retailer, 11% off with code WOTW11.

https://www.winesoftheworld.ie/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

glasso wrote: »

5G

top-end cpu

high refresh screen

Have the 9T and it really is a stellar phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

glasso wrote: »

5G

top-end cpu

high refresh screen

Yeah i know but in all honesty, 5G, really depending on coverage though and if you are beside a tower.

In all reviews ive seen some of the differences are not noticeable, the poco x3 has decent refresh and spec for the price point.

I have a mi range phone and they are high end , whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

The Asics Outlet store has 30% off.

Gel Kayano 25s at €75 delivered is an excellent price.
    Its on the HotUkD site but just in case anyone misses it.

https://outlet.asics.com/ie/en-ie/gel-kayano-25/p/1011A019-100.html?width=Standard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

robinbird wrote: »
    I feel with all this focus on consumerism the true meaning of Singles Day is being lost.

Treat yo self

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Having trouble checking out on asics outlet..Hit Place Order..nothing happens :(

Advertisement