Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crumlin Broadband recommendations? 2020

• 09-11-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Moving to Crumlin (all going well) soon.
    Just wondering if there are Broadband recommendations apart from the obvious?
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Hi all,
    Moving to Crumlin (all going well) soon.
    Just wondering if there are Broadband recommendations apart from the obvious?
    Many thanks in advance.

Hey, this is just from my experience, I've had both sky and Virgin Media. Sky is very slow, whilst they say part fibre, the wiring to the house is ancient from the exchange and you'd be lucky to get 10mbps. This would be the same for Eir, Vodafone and anyone else using the phone lines.

Whilst Virgin Media whilst being more expensive you do get close to the speeds quoted.

Another issue I found with the phone lines was that when you sign the contract with Sky. They will only be able to put your router at the initial phone entry point to the house, which was unfortunately on the stairs... you've to pay extra for them to move this. Virgin Media didn't have this hassle. As a lot of the houses here are similar be mindful of this !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Thanks a mill for the reply...good to know
    Cheers

Advertisement