Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodum sale - selection of products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

BODUM_10

Extra 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FWIW - got the smaller version of those Pavina glasses (0.25L) for cheap on Warehouse Deals. Don't recommend them. Flimsy and not great quality!

Also seem to be cheaper on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001HX4IYS/ with free shipping to ROI obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Basq wrote: »
    FWIW - got the smaller version of those Pavina glasses (0.25L) for cheap on Warehouse Deals. Don't recommend them. Flimsy and not great quality!

Also seem to be cheaper on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001HX4IYS/ with free shipping to ROI obviously.

Glad I saw that as was going to buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Basq wrote: »

Is there a chance you got them cheap because they were not suitable for general sale, so the pavina glasses might actually be a better quality product on the bodum website ? Just playing devils advocate.

If you didn't order through the bodum website and got them on a warehouse deal ... Maybe you should have not posted (I don't mean to be rude, apologies if you are offended by the comment)
    but it's like saying I bought cheap raybans on a different site, so anyone buying raybans should be careful that the quality of raybans may not be good.
    Just using raybans as an example because I regularly get ads for them on my Facebook feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Those glasses are great but outrageously expensive even at sale price.

I was himming and hawing over buying them for ages until finally i seen a box of 3 of the .35l in Lidl for something like 6 or 7 quid, so i got a couple of boxes of those instead. There were boxes of 4 of the smaller ones for the same price.

The glass seems paper thin but I have them about a year now, use them every day with no problem whatsoever, they've even survived a couple of falls so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for posting OP - The below is not me being ungrateful, just an observation re Bodums pricing.

They say they've prices slashed all over the place on the Bodum site, but the travel mugs I'm looking at are as cheap on Amazon.co.uk & without the expensive and awkward shipping issues.

I find that off-putting to be honest.

PS I can confirm that the "snap-lid" travel mugs (Plastic double-walled) have in the small print once bought (not advertised before purchase of course) that they have to be kept upright or they'll leak everywhere destroying your laptop and car interior for example.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is there a chance you got them cheap because they were not suitable for general sale, so the pavina glasses might actually be a better quality product on the bodum website ? Just playing devils advocate.

If you didn't order through the bodum website and got them on a warehouse deal ... Maybe you should have not posted (I don't mean to be rude, apologies if you are offended by the comment)
    but it's like saying I bought cheap raybans on a different site, so anyone buying raybans should be careful that the quality of raybans may not be good.
    Just using raybans as an example because I regularly get ads for them on my Facebook feed.
    You can't compare buying cheap Rayban's from Facebook with buying official Bodum products from Amazon Warehouse. The item was 'Like New'. Box was perfect. They're the exact same as what you're buying here no doubt.

I'll comment to indicate quality to stop people making the same mistake.. simple as. This is a consumer site also.

I'm not offended by the comment but you do come across as a bit naive.. likewise, no offence! ;)

FWIW - Bodum's product quality varies hugely. Their metal travel mugs are fantastic but their identical travel mugs in plastic are the absolute pits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone ever bought the pour over coffee maker?

My French Press fell apart the other day so need something to replace it. Reduced price seems to be available on meadows and byrne or amazon price after a quick google search but I might pick one up all the same.

Advertisement