Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest, SmartPlug & Colour Bulb 1/2 price?

Options
  • 09-11-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I don't know how this compares with just buying the individual parts online.

Energia offer by email today:

"Get 50% off a Google Nest Mini, TP Link Smart Plug, and TP Link Colour Bulb with Monitor when you purchase all three products together with code XMASOFFER."

Expires Nov 15th.

The bundle doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere on the Energia site so I guess you put all three in the basket and stick in the offer code to see the discount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

€76.50 for anyone wondering

Google Nest Mini €29.5
    €29.5
    You save: €29.5

TP Link Bulb - Colour €24.5
    €24.5
    You save: €24.5

TP Link Smart Plug with monitor €22.5
    €22.5
    You save: €22.5

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I just did it for 2 x Google nest Mini's and nothing else. Maybe you don't have to order one of each. Thanks OP for the headsup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Two smart plugs with monitoring ordered for the price of one, thanks OP!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

My Sister has Hive going in....Would this be a good deal or is it just for lights

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If you can live without the "energy monitor" features of that smart plug, the current generation model from TP Link is only £8.99 on Amazon. Also the bulb is cheaper on Amazon too at £19.99.

If you are patient, you will find deals on the Google Nest Minis as well. They are very often heavily discounted, or free with other purchases/subscriptions.

• Advertisement

Here's a well priced Google speaker alternative - Lenovo Smart Clock Essential - €29 (normally €59). Think of it as a classic bedside clock, but with Google assistant included.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-home-starter-kits/lenovo-smart-clock-essential-with-google-assistant-10214128-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone receive their order yet? I only got one smart plug despite ordering and paying for two, not very impressed! Have emailed them to see if it's a mistake or they're being shipped separately for some reason, which I think is unlikely. We'll see what the response is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I’m pissed with energia because I’m not eligible for netamo,
    Says having more than 1 zone makes me ineligible

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone receive their order yet? I only got one smart plug despite ordering and paying for two, not very impressed! Have emailed them to see if it's a mistake or they're being shipped separately for some reason, which I think is unlikely. We'll see what the response is.

I'm the same. I ordered 2 nest minis and only got 1. I'll try getting in touch with them today

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I’m pissed with energia because I’m not eligible for netamo,
    Says having more than 1 zone makes me ineligible

You would need multiple Netatmo Smart Thermostat units if you have more than one zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

JDxtra wrote: »
    You would need multiple Netatmo Smart Thermostat units if you have more than one zone.

But considering they use the available grant for heating controls upgrade, you would expect it to be more energy efficient with separate zones?

phobia2011 wrote: »

But considering they use the available grant for heating controls upgrade, you would expect it to be more energy efficient with separate zones?

Yes, but this device can only control one zone - it just tells the boiler to turn on or off as needed. It has no ability to control a second zone.

The installers for this will only do basic installs i.e. swapping out a traditional clock timer for this. If you have multiple zones or more complex needs, definitely best to get a local plumber.

I don't use a Netatmo any more. Turns out their installer (who was also a taxi driver??) drilled the wrong screw right through the unit. It worked fine for over a year then burnt out. Was actually dangerous.

My current setup is far superior and was professionally installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I don't know how this compares with just buying the individual parts online.

Energia offer by email today:

"Get 50% off a Google Nest Mini, TP Link Smart Plug, and TP Link Colour Bulb with Monitor when you purchase all three products together with code XMASOFFER."

Expires Nov 15th.

The bundle doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere on the Energia site so I guess you put all three in the basket and stick in the offer code to see the discount.

Thanks for this OP, I just bought another Google home mini for the house. They are fantastic devices for that discount. Total €29.50 to your door ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Advertisement