Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

makescents/ revolute for kids accounts

Options
  • 09-11-2020 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

im looking to get 2 pre-paid debit cards for my daughters.. i dont have a revolute account yet. what best and what costs or pitfalls am i opening my self up to. they have credit union accounts for savings so this is only for e10 a week kind of stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I don't like Revolut for kids, it's too invasive. It might be suitable for 8-12 year olds but after that it's a bit much and they market it for under 18s.

They have all sorts of stuff like sending you alerts when your child spends something including the time location etc. Some purchases have to be approved by the parent. Setting spending limits on their own money.

I'd say they are better off with a normal current account from a bank. No fees and they can get a debit card if they are 13.

Advertisement