Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom of Front Door sticking

Options
  • 09-11-2020 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All, anybody any ideas on now to fix a door that's sticking at the bottom(attached pics)? i'm pretty good at DIY but have to say when it comes to this sort of thing on doors i'm pretty useless. happens every winter with the door probably expanding slighty i guess. door opens and closes fine but is catching on the bottom. i took a look at the hinges and can see allen Key screws in them etc, i assume its some sort of method of lifting it back up from the hinges is it? bit of a noob when it comes to front doors so apologies in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's caps on the top and bottom of he hinges that contain Allen bolts.

You will need to make micro adjustments to each bolt to raise the door back level. It's become unlevel. Clockwise if I'm not mistaken

Bolts should be top side of the hinge and vertically down. Adjust a quarter turn on each and test door each time keep going until sorted. And make sure lock closes and opens before capping the hinges off again

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Claremorrisdub

listermint wrote: »
    There's caps on the top and bottom of he hinges that contain Allen bolts.

You will need to make micro adjustments to each bolt to raise the door back level. It's become unlevel. Clockwise if I'm not mistaken

Bolts should be top side of the hinge and vertically down. Adjust a quarter turn on each and test door each time keep going until sorted. And make sure lock closes and opens before capping the hinges off again

thanks a million, will give this a go

Advertisement