Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It’s a subscription and you have to call them to cancel, it’s not possible to do it over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

w4ntedman wrote: »
    https://www.livingsocial.ie/deal/shop/15978019/christmas-craft-beer-hamper?usr_src=recommended

Seems not too bad on the face of it(big reduction at least)
    Have to use parcelmotel though so slightly more expensive than it sounds but I've ordered one so let's see if I get 10ml bottles or what the catch is

Fyi, I had a brewdog delivery through parcel wizard picked up by customs last month cost me an extra €27 for €65 of beer, not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

That would be the catch then! Are you sure?
    Feck it that's not how it reads at all (I can't find any reference to that in the linked voucher).
    The receipt says one off box.
    If they try that I will have to block the payment I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Fyi, I had a brewdog delivery through parcel wizard picked up by customs last month cost me an extra €27 for €65 of beer, not worth the risk

Oh well seems the problems grow.
    Maybe not such a bargain after all apologies everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Postage is an extra £6.

Livingsocial never have bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

So I got there last offer and got stopped by parcel motel each time, it doesn't help that they ship it in a bright box with Beer52 written all over it.

They stop the box, ask you to email customs your receipt then you have to go collect it from their collection point in Finglas once cleared, it won't be liable to charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Out of interest what beers were you ordering direct from brewdog uk? And I take it your in Dublin to go directly in. Most of their beers can be ordered from craftcentral.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Etnies wrote: »
    Out of interest what beers were you ordering direct from brewdog uk? And I take it your in Dublin to go directly in. Most of their beers can be ordered from craftcentral.ie

I was doing it this way to get free UK shipping and had a 15% off voucher from brewdog. This was my third time doing this, the first 2 got through fine. Not in Dublin. DPD delivered the package once I paid customs

Advertisement