Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian visa

Options
  • 08-11-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me. I want to apply for a visa to work in Australia. I am a 25 year old Irish speech and language therapist/pathologist and wondering if anyone can help me with the following:

1) If anyone been successful obtaining a holiday visa/skilled visa during covid. Is it just longer processing times or have they all been postponed?

2) I plan to work in a hospital setting would a letter from my future employer allow me to be eligible to apply for an exemption

3) Anyone have recommended agency that they have been successful with or is it easy to do by yourself.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me. I want to apply for a visa to work in Australia. I am a 25 year old Irish speech and language therapist/pathologist and wondering if anyone can help me with the following:

1) If anyone been successful obtaining a holiday visa/skilled visa during covid. Is it just longer processing times or have they all been postponed?

2) I plan to work in a hospital setting would a letter from my future employer allow me to be eligible to apply for an exemption

3) Anyone have recommended agency that they have been successful with or is it easy to do by yourself.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Nobody really knows when applications will be processed for working holiday visas. For a skilled visa it is likely that there will be a vaccine in place for covid19 before it would be great if you were to apply now. I would imagine for a skilled visa application you would be looking at a long wait because of the backlog...could be anything up to 2 years.

Do your research and it is possible to do the application process yourself for any visa. There's plenty of info on the home affairs website.

You are unlikely to be granted an exemption going on the information on here:
    https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions

Even permanent residents and citizens are having a hard time getting back into Australia so I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting there before the second half of next year.

Advertisement