Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAS Stove? Flueless....

Options
  • 06-11-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

We've *(missus and I) a modest 3 Bed Mid-terrace gaff (1960s) with a modern layout downstairs. Living room (with open fire) and dining area and kitchen. All open plan.

We were toying with the idea of a wood/coal burning stove, with flue, etc... but then I remembered that when I moved in years ago... I ripped out the manky, ugly, plastic coal effect GAS fire - but capped the gas line just beside the chimney breast, at floor level.

A bit older and wiser, I'm now looking to get rid of the mess of the open fire (and all the heat escaping up the chimney), was heading in the "solid fuel" stove direction until I remembered the gas line!

I'm totally clueless - but see that there are now flue-less GAS stoves (sitting proud of the fire, on the hearth) available.

Would this be a good move? Costly to run? Where do the fumes go?

Anyone any experience? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

They are like a fancy Super Ser heater, the fumes will come into the room so you will still need ventilation.

Advertisement