Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - 1st month free for new customers

Options
  • 06-11-2020 11:30am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you sign up to GoMo using Revolut rewards you get the first month free.
    • Click the link in the Revlout Rewards section
    • Use your Revolut card when signing up
    • €12.99 credit will be added to your first bill

See the GoMo FAQ thread for more info on the GoMo service
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭AhhHere

2 months of 48 is pretty much 1 month of Gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But is it free ?

But only for 1 month! And by then you'll have missed out on the current 48 deal. (€7.99 per month for life)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

One must wonder about how cut price it can get. Having 200k subscribers paying peanuts will ultimately mean poor investment in the infrastructure.
    The great deals are great if they work. GoMo (and Eir) has gone really bad in the last few months for me and some others so the great deal is not worth it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

TheDriver wrote: »
    One must wonder about how cut price it can get. Having 200k subscribers paying peanuts will ultimately mean poor investment in the infrastructure.
    The great deals are great if they work. GoMo (and Eir) has gone really bad in the last few months for me and some others so the great deal is not worth it anymore.

If 48 (100GB) and Gomo (Unlimited data) can make money from unlimited calls and texts on top of their data deals at those prices, how much is Vodafone making off their price plans which are more expensive?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If 48 (100GB) and Gomo (Unlimited data) can make money from unlimited calls and texts on top of their data deals at those prices, how much is Vodafone making off their price plans which are more expensive?

I don't doubt they are making money but It's the investment back into the network I'm wondering about. In fairness vodafone does have a lot better coverage and data speeds in an overall look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Gomo are raking it in if 48 can make a shilling on eight quid per month.

Must have really been living the high life on the previous deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭AhhHere

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But is it free ?

Yes if you use the recruit and reward.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

AhhHere wrote: »
    2 months of 48 is pretty much 1 month of Gomo.

If you look at the figures on 12 month basis, GoMo is €142.89 with this promotion.
    48 is €95.88 so a different of €47.01.

A lot of people may have really bad Three coverage and are willing to pay the €47.01 extra so bare that in mind.

Plenty of people pay 150% extra to reaming on Vodafone etc.
    If you are an Eir customer on full price and have a good phone then this GoMo might suit if Three signal isn't good for there circumstances.

Davy wrote: »
    If you look at the figures on 12 month basis, GoMo is €142.89 with this promotion.
    48 is €95.88 so a different of €47.01.

A lot of people may have really bad Three coverage and are willing to pay the €47.01 extra so bare that in mind.

Plenty of people pay 150% extra to reaming on Vodafone etc.
    If you are an Eir customer on full price and have a good phone then this GoMo might suit if Three signal isn't good for there circumstances.

I think it's important that you always check your Eir vs three vs vodafone coverage. This can be done easily with a variety of free sims from the likes of 48 or eir. Don't trust the maps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think it's important that you always check your Eir vs three vs vodafone coverage. This can be done easily with a variety of free sims from the likes of 48 or eir. Don't trust the maps.

The maps are definitely only a guide, but checking multiple sims is as necessary as it used to be in my opinion with so many 30 day sim only contracts. It was much more vital when getting a new phone with an 18/24 contract. Even with a 14 day cooling off period it was very hard to get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Tried Gomo up in Dunshaughlin in a router and it was appalling, cancelled and sticking with three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Try it for a month if you want, and then run.

Absolutely appalling customer service, and non-existent roaming outside of the EU. My SIM wouldn't connect to any network as soon as I left the EU and they were hopeless. Couldn't get AIB texts or anything to get money abroad. A nightmare. Much like anything Eir touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just to balance out the criticism, I've been with them since they launched (€9.99 offer), and cannot fault them. Calls, text, & data have been flawless for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Inviere wrote: »
    Just to balance out the criticism, I've been with them since they launched (€9.99 offer), and cannot fault them. Calls, text, & data have been flawless for me.

Totally agree. Switched the family from Vodafone to GoMo at the start and have never had a single problem and cut our mobile bill in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

AhhHere wrote: »
    Yes if you use the recruit and reward.

There's also a signup fee. I guess you still have to pay it.

It was initially a free first month as the signup fee was the first month.

I had no issue with Gomo and eir until a few months back, reception and data speeds bombed.

tx_tx wrote: »
    There's also a signup fee. I guess you still have to pay it.

The recruit and reward scheme is on 48, not gomo. No sign up fee on 48. Referral links can be found in a dedicated thread over in the referral links forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Mise freisin.

Nothing bad to say in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Totally agree. Switched the family from Vodafone to GoMo at the start and have never had a single problem and cut our mobile bill in half.

I totally agree as well. Am also on the €9.99 monthly fee & have no intention of leaving Gomo.

They signed up more than €250,000 customers. You can be sure the vast majority stayed with them. Even the better value deal from 48 doesn't seem to be causing as much of a stir. It's probably a case of people being happy with Gomo and not wanting to move to save €2 or €5 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

DopeTech wrote: »
    They signed up more than €250,000 customers. You can be sure the vast majority stayed with them. Even the better value deal from 48 doesn't seem to be causing as much of a stir. It's probably a case of people being happy with Gomo and not wanting to move to save €2 or €5 a month.

That's it for me, couldn't be bothered switching to 48 from Gomo to save €24 a year. When I switched from Three to Gomo I was halving my annual phone bill so it was worth it.

Try it for a month if you want, and then run.

Absolutely appalling customer service, and non-existent roaming outside of the EU. My SIM wouldn't connect to any network as soon as I left the EU and they were hopeless. Couldn't get AIB texts or anything to get money abroad. A nightmare. Much like anything Eir touches.

Often its a phone issue with roaming, not always a network issue. Especially if you use android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Davy wrote: »
    Often its a phone issue with roaming, not always a network issue. Especially if you use android.

Definitely not a phone issue, my relative also on Gomo travelling with me at the time had no signal for the entire trip also.

I'm sure they're fine for at home and the odd trip in the main EU area, but if you travel a bit outside of that, expect no coverage depending where you go, and no help from support.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DontBanMe

Completely agree, been on it since the start and no issues and was abroad for a bit too in UK and Spain and no issues. Ahh remember the olden days when abroad was a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭opus

DontBanMe wrote: »
    Completely agree, been on it since the start and no issues and was abroad for a bit too in UK and Spain and no issues. Ahh remember the olden days when abroad was a thing...

Same for me, I've two SIM working with problems since the original offer. Their coverage in Cork city has improved as listening to online radio used to cut out on certain streets at the start but seems to keep going most places now.

Also picked up a 48 SIM to compare & while it was occasionally faster, when it was slower it was dog slow.

Just wish there was similar speeds as in Ballincollig where I saw 200Mb download speeds with GoMo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I signed up for this deal and paid with my Revolut, i didn't see any discount codes? How did people get their 1 month off?

Luckycharm wrote: »
    I signed up for this deal and paid with my Revolut, i didn't see any discount codes? How did people get their 1 month off?

Presumably revolut just refund you. Contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

DopeTech wrote: »
    Presumably revolut just refund you. Contact them.

Spoke to their bots, said pending at gomo end will have a look tomorrow

Luckycharm wrote: »

You pay for the sim card and the first month. Then on your next bill you will get the credit so the second month is free.

No point contacting GoMo or Revolut until at least December 1st when you get your bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement