Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy smart/casual work trousers

Options
  • 05-11-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Not sure if I have the correct forum or if this should be in fashion & appearance, I posted here as it seemed more active.

I'm a young person due to start my first office job soon and the dress code requires trousers/chinos or something similar.

I'm wondering if you guys would know where best to buy say 3-5 pairs of nice smart fitted chinos/trousers (of varying colour/pattern for variety day to day) without breaking the bank?

and also would you recommend getting them altered at a tailor for a better fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wijam

Hey Ben, working in an office for years and would always go with M&S trousers, they fit well and are durable, usually but 6-8 pairs and rotate then, last well over a year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Dear but Hilfiger last proper long. Don't shrink don't do anything besides deliver comfort

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Next Chinos I find really good. Very good value and great fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Musto or Timberland if you can get them during a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dunnes every time for (with the stretch waistband OK i might be a bit overweight but comfy when sitting down ) 30 euro a pair cant see any point spending more on work clothes!

but i do work in IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

+1 for Next chinos. I'm a big fan of their slim fit chinos. But make sure you try on the ones you are actually going to buy as I find that sizing can vary a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Bought a few colours of H&M slim fit last year, been happy with them.

Advertisement