Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi purpose trailer regs

Options
  • 05-11-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a multi purpose tractor tipper.
    In relation to the regulations do they have to have a handbrake if built after 2016?

I've been looking into numerous brands North of the border but I don't see handbrakes on the majority of them.
    Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks, Kay9....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭enricoh

kay 9 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase a multi purpose tractor tipper.
    In relation to the regulations do they have to have a handbrake if built after 2016?

I've been looking into numerous brands North of the border but I don't see handbrakes on the majority of them.
    Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks, Kay9....

I'm sure they'll stick one on for you to get a sale over the line. They are a bit of a mickey mouse gimmick anyway, do lads use them at all?
    If yer buying in the north are they going to get dearer after brexit, import duties etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

enricoh wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll stick one on for you to get a sale over the line. They are a bit of a mickey mouse gimmick anyway, do lads use them at all?
    If yer buying in the north are they going to get dearer after brexit, import duties etc?

I didn't do any pricing yet tbh.
    Intend to make some calls tomorrow if I get a chance at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Grueller

I didn't do any pricing yet tbh.
    Intend to make some calls tomorrow if I get a chance at work.

😂😂😂😂
    If I get a chance at work. I love it.

Grueller wrote: »
    😂😂😂😂
    If I get a chance at work. I love it.

😠when the concrete is being poured or going off I'd better not be on the phone

532288.jpg
    Got sorted. Went with a donnelly in the end.
    Sweet trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Sweet trailer.

Best of luck with it. They are well made. Never seen them in red tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

If buying up the north is there anything you need to do from a tax point of view in order to write it off correctly in your own books?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

893bet wrote: »
    If buying up the north is there anything you need to do from a tax point of view in order to write it off correctly in your own books?

no. have a euro price and capital allowance over 8 years

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

532288.jpg
    Sweet trailer.
    How did it compare price wise with others? I'll be looking for one in the nes year, probably 14.5x8, not sure on single or twin axle yet, depends on the prices.

ml100 wrote: »
    How did it compare price wise with others? I'll be looking for one in the nes year, probably 14.5x8, not sure on single or twin axle yet, depends on the prices.

1000 cheaper than the woods HD with ramps.
    There's a big variation in prices so ring around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement