Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair concrete ramp / footpath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bumping this thread selfishly as have a similar job to be done myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What about outdoor tiles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Thanks for reply but tiles a bigger task and will need grouting etc. I know you can get non-slip tiles but not a fan of them particularly on a ramp. The occupant is elderly and I know she's nervous on internal floor tiles !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The fall looks quite decent as it is, what about just concreting the whole thing with a less gradient fall and adding a horizontal grip pattern with a horizontal timber pat down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

looks like frost , ice damage or from the salt . look into other types of de icers. there are some that dont ruin concrete like that.
    i dont think anything will properly fix that permanantly. i would powerwash and roughen it up. then an sbr scud and a layer of really strong concrete with a very fine chip , . then seal it all around the edges to stop water getting under it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement