Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights / PVC Fascia

Options
  • 05-11-2020 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭

Been trying to hang up some string LEDlights for Christmas. I was using a standard adhesive backed cable tie mount, stuck to the PVC. Unfortunately it hasn't worked as well I hoped and the mounts are not holding.

I've no problem using something a little more permanent but would appreciate any advice before drilling a screw into the PVC. The mounts have a hole to accommodate a screw. Can I just drill a short screw threw the mount into the PVC or do I need use any other fixings?

They're standard LED lights so fairly light weight.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Been trying to hang up some string LEDlights for Christmas. I was using a standard adhesive backed cable tie mount, stuck to the PVC. Unfortunately it hasn't worked as well I hoped and the mounts are not holding.

I've no problem using something a little more permanent but would appreciate any advice before drilling a screw into the PVC. The mounts have a hole to accommodate a screw. Can I just drill a short screw threw the mount into the PVC or do I need use any other fixings?

They're standard LED lights so fairly light weight.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
    Presume this is for the exterior. Have you gutters? You can get gutter hooks if so for that very purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm assuming you are going to hang lights there most years. Why not just glue the clips on permanently with pvc glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Thanks folks. Seems I overcomplicated this.

It was for gable end so no issue with the gutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its helpful to others, Lidl are currently selling gutter hooks fairly cheap

• Advertisement
Advertisement