Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect increase in property tax?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Are you in DLR?
    That table says in 2020 they reduced from the 2014 rate by 15% , but this year the reduction is nil.
    Therefore you are back up to the full assessed rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭poppers

Hi,

I see that property tax is not set to change this year where I'm living (Booterstown in Dublin)

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/local-property-tax/valuing-your-property/has-your-local-authority-rate-changed.aspx

However last year my charge was E 439 and this year it's E 517 (a 15% increase)

Is this correct? :confused:

Local council can adjust the base value by +/- 15%. Potential to have up to30% increase if the had reduced the base value in previous yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

poppers wrote: »
    Local council can adjust the base value by +/- 15%. Potential to have up to30% increase if the had reduced the base value in previous yrs

Oh I see, I thought that was relative to the previous years tax, not relative to a valuation conducted in 2014. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Oh I see, I thought that was relative to the previous years tax, not relative to a valuation conducted in 2014. :(
    TBH it's a power that has been gleefully used by councils nationwide despite the council bean counters saying that they can't afford it! We get caught when it stops.

Advertisement