Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a generator please

Options
  • 04-11-2020 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 8KW generator as a backup if the power goes.

Ive a well, 3 chest freezers and the usual extras.

My budget is about €1000,ish.

Can someone recommend me a generator.I'm in Kerry but if they'll ship at the right price its not an issue.

thanks

Comments

Splash out go green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Give rathkeale generators a buzz !
    They’ll put 15 different generators in your sitting room and a couple of dozen chain saws as well while your talking to head marketing man at front door .... all you have to do is write 5 or 6 uncrossed cheques totalling 30 or 40 grand and say nothing to the guards about it !

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1175675/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Splash out go green.

You obviously didn't read my op.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Honda are generally considered a good make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

2011 wrote: »
    Honda are generally considered a good make.

Good but very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You won't get a 8kw generator for €1000, you might get a 6.5kW.
    You could start the pump first as its starting load will be higher and then power the appliances after.
    You definitely need 8kw?

You obviously didn't read my op.

I did. Upfront cost and plated ratings aren't the be all and end alls. Besides that Studer is synchronising and unbelievably clever; you can send power most directions with it and no need for liquified dinos. Or it can supplement a 2kVA trad. smelly yolk for surge loads etc.

Advertisement