Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Payslips in Civil Service?

  • 04-11-2020 8:16pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭ I am me123


    Just a quick.question about the PSSC portal for accessing payslips.

    I have already emailed for a token for a accessing my payslips on the PSSC portal..awaiting this at present.

    What happens now?
    Do I get the token for accessing payslips via email?
    What do I do with the token when I get it?

    Separately, do I need to register for an account on the PSSC in order to access my payslips from there? (The PSSC portal).

    Thank you.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ MrsBean


    There is a detailed guide on the pssc.gov.ie site. At the bottom under 'what help do you need?'

    But yes you will need to set yourself up a log in in order to access your payslips.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭ relax carry on


    I am me123 wrote: »
    Just a quick.question about the PSSC portal for accessing payslips.

    I have already emailed for a token for a accessing my payslips on the PSSC portal..awaiting this at present.

    What happens now?
    Do I get the token for accessing payslips via email?
    What do I do with the token when I get it?

    Separately, do I need to register for an account on the PSSC in order to access my payslips from there? (The PSSC portal).

    Thank you.

    Payslips aren't emailed to you. You login to PSSC portal and view them there. Its been a while since I started using it but I vaguely remember having to set up password reminders etc like setting up any new account.


  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭ tringle


    Be warned, the token can take anything from 3 days to 8 weeks to be sent to you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ boris232


    Also just to note that the PSSC site is down for payslips etc at the moment due to upgrading works. It is due to be back next Monday 9th November.

    Probably nothing been issued during this time.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kimbot


    boris232 wrote: »
    Also just to note that the PSSC site is down for payslips etc at the moment due to upgrading works. It is due to be back next Monday 9th November.

    Probably nothing been issued during this time.

    No its not, I just logged in and looked at my payslip 1 minute ago :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ boris232


    Just checked as well. It was supposed to be out till next Monday so that is a good sign.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭ cee_jay


    We got an email on Monday to say the planned upgrade has been delayed, and the portal is available for all users. There was no date as to when the work would take place.


  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ boris232


    We didn't see that email in our department but according to memory it depends on the database they were working with. They were upgrading to a new version as stated in an email from early October.

    I have checked it earlier this week (had forgotten about it being out of action) and got a web-page showing it was offline.

    Anyway it is back now so the NSSO are ahead of schedule which is good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭ I am me123


    MrsBean wrote: »
    There is a detailed guide on the pssc.gov.ie site. At the bottom under 'what help do you need?'

    But yes you will need to set yourself up a log in in order to access your payslips.

    Thank you!
    When I set up this log in account to access my payslips is this the first step?
    Do I get the token to view them through email? ( I've already emailed requesting one to the pcsc. & got an acknowledgement for this request also)
    Is the token just a code for accessing my payslip through the portal?


  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ MrsBean


    The token is a one-time thing that you will need to access the account for the first time, so you can't do anything until you get that.

    You will just use your log in details on pssc.gov.ie from then on.

    You will be logging in to a portal that shows you your payslips. It has nothing to do with your email account. You just use an email address to set up your log in.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭ I am me123


    MrsBean wrote: »
    The token is a one-time thing that you will need to access the account for the first time, so you can't do anything until you get that.

    You will just use your log in details on pssc.gov.ie from then on.

    You will be logging in to a portal that shows you your payslips. It has nothing to do with your email account. You just use an email address to set up your log in.

    Thanks.
    How do you recieve the 'token' once you request it?
    Is it emailed to you?


  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ MrsBean


    Yes it will be emailed to you. I think they give you instructions on the next steps you have to take too :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭ I am me123


    MrsBean wrote: »
    Yes it will be emailed to you. I think they give you instructions on the next steps you have to take too :)

    Thanks.
    Im not due to get paid until end of next week so can I set up my account now on the PSSC portal?
    I havent recieved the 'token' yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭ SouthWesterly


    I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Im not due to get paid until end of next week so can I set up my account now on the PSSC portal?
    I havent recieved the 'token' yet.

    Tokens are done in batches and sent out 2 weeks after the first pay date

    Once you have it, you can use any email address to register. Recommend you use a personal address for when you are out of the office and need to reset a password.
    Unlike people point. It's not on a government network


  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭ I am me123


    Tokens are done in batches and sent out 2 weeks after the first pay date

    Once you have it, you can use any email address to register. Recommend you use a personal address for when you are out of the office and need to reset a password.
    Unlike people point. It's not on a government network

    Thank you.
    In the request for the token I listed my work email for this. So will the token be emailed to my work email as this is the one I provided when requesting a token?


  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dublindcdyds


    Anyone still having trouble logging into view payslips after the upgrade on PSSC? It brought me to a different app Core HR and needed to be downloaded, then when I put my gov email in I’m brought to a UCD login portal???


Advertisement