Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Onboarding Process

Options
  • 04-11-2020 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Coming from the private sector so this is new to me... Was on a panel for a year without an offer due to my location but was recently was asked if I would accept a role outside my original preference. I accepted but have heard nothing beyond that offer 7 weeks ago.

These days, is this timeline normal? Is contacting PAS on this matter seen in an unfavourable light? Wondering if I need to wonder a bit more tbh. Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Contact PAS that's what they're there for. 7 weeks would only be normal (outside of COVID) if you needed enhanced vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

Hi, I was offered a Civil Service job in April this year after a year on a panel. I too was from the Private Sector. The offer was an email from PAS. Once I said yes they sent me all the documents for Garda Vetting, ID etc. within 2 days of saying I was interested. Reference checks had to be done aswell during that time. It took 3 weeks from the email from PAS to getting the message board notification saying I was appointed and the Dept. would contact me. The Dept rang me within a day or two to agree a start date. It moved pretty fast for me and PAS contact was frequent as I was asking a good few questions. So I would agree to give PAS a call to see what the story is so that it doesn't turn into a rush to get all the paperwork in.

Advertisement