Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon delivery

Options
  • 03-11-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Ordered a dressing gown from Amazon marketplace last Saturday 24th October. It dispatched on Monday 26th with an expected delivery date of Saturday 31st October. I bought it from a store “Dannii Matthew’s” which is in the uk.

Anyone else had a delivery this long from an Amazon marketplace seller as it’s a bit excess?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did you get a tracking number for it? Who did they ship it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

whiterebel wrote: »
    Did you get a tracking number for it? Who did they ship it with?

No, nothing. Haven’t a clue. When I asked for tracking they just gave me the date of October 31st so no tracking at all?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Then you need to contact the seller and ask them. There is normally a link to contact them on the order details page.

Then you need to contact the seller and ask them. There is normally a link to contact them on the order details page.

From my previous reply above, that’s who I contacted the seller not Amazon. Even sent an email and heard nothing?

I contacted them and this is the response:

“Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are still awaiting delivery of your order. This was dispatched on the 26/10/2020 first class with Royal Mail (no tracking). At this late stage it appears that the parcel may have been delayed somewhere in the postal system.

Please confirm that we have your correct address. The address we have is:”

The address is correct. I asked them to contact Royal Mail to find the package. Anyone else ever had a problem like this and any advice on what to do? Don’t want to ask for a refund just yet, want to wait a few days to see if something turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I contacted them and this is the response:

“Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are still awaiting delivery of your order. This was dispatched on the 26/10/2020 first class with Royal Mail (no tracking). At this late stage it appears that the parcel may have been delayed somewhere in the postal system.

Please confirm that we have your correct address. The address we have is:”

The address is correct. I asked them to contact Royal Mail to find the package. Anyone else ever had a problem like this and any advice on what to do? Don’t want to ask for a refund just yet, want to wait a few days to see if something turns up.

Can they do much checking if there's no tracking on the parcel? Might be worth waiting another few days just in case it has been held up somewhere.

Royal Mail is slow coming out of the UK, and An Post are even slower delivering on this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Royal Mail is slow coming out of the UK, and An Post are even slower delivering on this side.

I agree. Orders place and shipped by Nov 2nd have not arrived yet. They should have arrived yesterday via Prime.

chat said unexpected delays and gave me 1-month prime extension.

Got another email after asking them to contact Royal Mail to find my lost parcel.

“Hi,

Thank you for confirming the delivery address. I will arrange for a replacement order to be dispatched with Royal Mail 1st Class. I would be grateful if you could let me know once this parcel arrives safely.

As your original order went out untracked, Royal Mail will not able to locate your order.”

Advertisement