Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No deal brexit, how will it affect you?

Options
  • 03-11-2020 2:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Only 2 months to go, no sign of a deal.

Apart from 80% of my beef going there, I also buy a fair bit of parts online from the UK. No idea yet whether I'll still be able to do this in the new year or not. There isn't a lot of Ransomes spare parts anywhere else, so it looks like I'll be paying a tariff of some sort.
    How will this be collected?
    There's a lot of live cattle gone North this year too, will this stop?
    If Joe gets the POTUS job how will this change things re the Good Friday agreement.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The British Government made a statement a couple of weeks ago saying there would be no tariff on cattle going live across the border for feeding/processing in Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

blue5000 wrote: »
    Only 2 months to go, no sign of a deal.

Apart from 80% of my beef going there, I also buy a fair bit of parts online from the UK. No idea yet whether I'll still be able to do this in the new year or not. There isn't a lot of Ransomes spare parts anywhere else, so it looks like I'll be paying a tariff of some sort.
    How will this be collected?
    There's a lot of live cattle gone North this year too, will this stop?
    If Joe gets the POTUS job how will this change things re the Good Friday agreement.

There will be major delays Blue. Will need to be customs cleared and vat & duty paid on it if applicable. If it's under a certain value it will be cleared bulk off an air or road manifest.

Going to be a disaster whatever way ya look at it from some of the discussions I've had.

Edit but like everything else it will settle down and we all have to learn to live with it. Kvernland parts come from Norway for instance. Even thought they are part of EFTA still needs a SAD. So I think businesses will just need to adjust. But it's gonna be rough for a while.

No idea. Have no control over it, will adapt to what ever comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Does anyone have any idea what the story is with VAT on machinery coming in from UK?

I was thinking on bringing in a tractor this year but obviously that went out the window.

I saw the IFJ headline about the more paperwork, washing of machinery etc, but didn't notice anything on the VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It will affect everyone of the British start messing about with the land bridge access for trucks. Which I fully expect they will do as negotiation leverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement