Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tams marking scheme

Options
  • 02-11-2020 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was left out of this tams tranche for the second time and can't figure out why? I was 5 marks short of the cut off point but received no marks whatsoever for the costings. Can anyone point me in the right direction for seeing the department marking scheme? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

nqtfarmer wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was left out of this tams tranche for the second time and can't figure out why? I was 5 marks short of the cut off point but received no marks whatsoever for the costings. Can anyone point me in the right direction for seeing the department marking scheme? Thanks
    I ended up being out by 0.01 mark out of 100. Had costs at the reference cost. Will be rolled over to the the next tranche. Just wondering can I drop the reference cost a small bit when it is being rolled over.
    The mark sheet was attached to the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭nqtfarmer

I ended up being out by 0.01 mark out of 100. Had costs at the reference cost. Will be rolled over to the the next tranche. Just wondering can I drop the reference cost a small bit when it is being rolled over.
    The mark sheet was attached to the letter

From looking at it, I wonder did the ag consultants costing not match those of the department. When will the next tranche be rolled out? Will it be rolled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Young95

Hi all,

What was the cut off point?

Young95 wrote: »
    What was the cut off point?

57.51 was the cut off. I got 53.47 but 0.00 for costings.

From looking at it, I wonder did the ag consultants costing not match those of the department. When will the next tranche be rolled out? Will it be rolled out?

Did the application myself. Used the exact dept reference cost and just out nearly outside of it. Tranche 19 will close on the 13th or 14th Nov. My application will be rolled over to the next tranche

• Advertisement

57.51 was the cut off. I got 53.47 but 0.00 for costings.

Got 57.50. looking at the marking scheme reducing the reference cost by 1% will get 5marks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

Got 57.50. looking at the marking scheme reducing the reference cost by 1% will get 5marks

I was the same,think I was refused On 4 tranches until I reduced my reference costings by 5% which gave me 25 marks so hopefully get me over the mark this time.
    Only problem you have to withdraw your application and reapply.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Young95

How long after a tranche is closed that you’ll get word back from them if ur accepted or not ?

Micey.ie wrote: »
    I was the same,think I was refused On 4 tranches until I reduced my reference costings by 5% which gave me 25 marks so hopefully get me over the mark this time.
    Only problem you have to withdraw your application and reapply.
    Thanks a mill for that info.

There is a 5.13% difference between the referenced cost and proposed cost so am really confused as to why I scored 0 in that section

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for that info.

No bother,I think you have to send letter in writing to withdraw application-well that’s what I did.
    I was able to reapply myself as mine was straightforward- just weighing scales,mobilecrush(just put into get me over 2,000).Might be a bit difficult if you have drawings to upload,but you will the withdrawal application to work off.

There is a 5.13% difference between the referenced cost and proposed cost so am really confused as to why I scored 0 in that section

You should query that? If your proposed cost is 5.13% less than reference cost you should have received 25 marks.

I would be questioning that in the next day with the dept. Strange to see no score when costs are below the reference costs.

No bother,I think you have to send letter in writing to withdraw application-well that’s what I did.
    I was able to reapply myself as mine was straightforward- just weighing scales,mobilecrush(just put into get me over 2,000).Might be a bit difficult if you have drawings to upload,but you will the withdrawal application to work off.

Will pencil the letter in the morning. Very easy to upload the drawings and other pieces to the tams portal. Actually a very easy process to do

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

You should query that? If your proposed cost is 5.13% less than reference cost you should have received 25 marks.

Was the reference cost over €80000?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Got caught in the exact same setup. Put in application through Teagasc advisor, exact reference costings, rejected the same way. He said put it in at 5% below reference cost and should be OK. Very confused!

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Was the reference cost over €80000?
    No reference cost came into €73,000

No reference cost came into €73,000

Had there been already any claim done before this application. With the reference cost it could have pushed it over the 80k mark

• Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

This is a very dangerous road to be going down. If it becomes a bidding war to get a grant lads will start to walk from them. On a 40k job net of vat a 5% reduction is 2K. This reduces value of grant by 800euro.

IMO grant ref costs are virtually spot-on.it impossible to make substantial savings off them and as well if you put in bells and whistles onto the job it can end up substantially more. For instance shed costs no longer include much costs for walls. At present you may have substantial demand from dairy sector and partnerships allow these priority as young trained farmers

Slava Ukrainii

Had there been already any claim done before this application. With the reference cost it could have pushed it over the 80k mark

That won't matter, each application stands on it own for points rankings regardless of previous grant claims.

• Advertisement

That won't matter, each application stands on it own for points rankings regardless of previous grant claims.

Does matter to the cost section. It all takes from the 80k investment limit. An example would be where a farmer completed a 10k job in an earlier tranche, would have got 4k or 6k grant if a YF. Now the farmer applies for a 72k tams job. This brings the total cost over the 80k limit and then zero points in the cost section. If the farmer decides to put the proposed cost in at 69k, he will get approx 6 points in the cost score. Each 1% that the proposed cost is below the reference cost scores 5 points( subject to everything being below the 80k limit).

Does matter to the cost section. It all takes from the 80k investment limit. An example would be where a farmer completed a 10k job in an earlier tranche, would have got 4k or 6k grant if a YF. Now the farmer applies for a 72k tams job. This brings the total cost over the 80k limit and then zero points in the cost section. If the farmer decides to put the proposed cost in at 69k, he will get approx 6 points in the cost score. Each 1% that the proposed cost is below the reference cost scores 5 points( subject to everything being below the 80k limit).

It matters to the claim but does not effect the ranking points. Each application is look at on its own for the ranking points regardless of any previous applications or claims in TAMS 2. Have this from the TAMS section. It up to the farmer to be conscious of the overall ceiling of €80000 if he/she has made previous applications and claims in TAMS 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

It matters to the claim but does not effect the ranking points. Each application is look at on its own for the ranking points regardless of any previous applications or claims in TAMS 2. Have this from the TAMS section. It up to the farmer to be conscious of the overall ceiling of €80000 if he/she has made previous applications and claims in TAMS 2.
    As far as I'm aware you got points if it was your first time applying or you hadnt drawn much from Tams to date

As far as I'm aware you got points if it was your first time applying or you hadnt drawn much from Tams to date

What I was referring to here is the points you get from reducing the proposed costs for the investment.

Advertisement