Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone cable to go from drop wire to master phone point

Options
  • 02-11-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the correct/best cable to run from the telephone drop wire at the side of a house, across the front on the exterior and in through the wall to a new master telephone point? I recently got sky broadband and the master/sole tv point is on the wall in a room off to the side of the house. I need to move it and am having a hard time getting a sparks out for such a small job. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Telephone cable, you can get 2/3 pair and can get external cable. Any electrical wholesaler should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

had to ask sky guy to change that
    Mine was at the front of the house in the hall and wanted it moved to the back of the house in the office
    Sky moved it for free
    Helped them to run the canle from the front of the house to the back in the attic space
    guys wont go into attic

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭delmonte4

had to ask sky guy to change that
    Mine was at the front of the house in the hall and wanted it moved to the back of the house in the office
    Sky moved it for free
    Helped them to run the canle from the front of the house to the back in the attic space
    guys wont go into attic

Alas I tried that but they were the ones who told me to get an electrician out. I’ll just go down to the electric wholesalers and see what they recommend

Advertisement