Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Radiators in the house are cold

Options
  • 02-11-2020 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I was over in my mothers house recently and pretty all the radiators are cold, even though the heat is turned on. I bled the air out of the rads and made sure they were actually turned on, but no joy. The pipes are cold aswell.
    What do you think, is there anything else I can do before calling in a Plumber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭davebuck

Are you only heating up the immersion (hot water available) is there a stat on the rad circuit maybe a photo of the boiler/hot press might help....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭santana75

Bit of an update..........turns out that theres actually only One rad not working now. I dont know what I did but whatever messing about with them, the rads were all on today bar one. I bled that one, messed about with the valves at either end and it started to heat up a little. Its still cold enough, but definitely better. Now the question though is how can I get it firing on all cylinders, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

santana75 wrote: »
    Bit of an update..........turns out that theres actually only One rad not working now. I dont know what I did but whatever messing about with them, the rads were all on today bar one. I bled that one, messed about with the valves at either end and it started to heat up a little. Its still cold enough, but definitely better. Now the question though is how can I get it firing on all cylinders, so to speak?

Turn off some other radiators. This will force hot water into your non heating radiator. When it heats up then reopen the other radiators again.
    You may need to balance the system (some valves open more than others)

Advertisement