Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glow-Worm Flexicom SX30 query

Options
  • 02-11-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the above boiler located upstairs. There are 6 rads upstairs and 7 rads downstairs. It’s a 2 zone system- 1 zone heats all the rads and the other heats the water.

The boiler temperature is set at 75°C. It heats to this temperature when heating the water but only heats to 65°C when heating just the rads or when it’s heating the rads and water together. However it will only reach the set 75°C if I turn off 3 rads downstairs in the kitchen/living area.

Why is this?

Comments

Hi,

I have the above boiler located upstairs. There are 6 rads upstairs and 7 rads downstairs. It’s a 2 zone system- 1 zone heats all the rads and the other heats the water.

The boiler temperature is set at 75°C. It heats to this temperature when heating the water but only heats to 65°C when heating just the rads or when it’s heating the rads and water together. However it will only reach the set 75°C if I turn off 3 rads downstairs in the kitchen/living area.

Why is this?

Your boiler output is 3 rads worth of heat output short, I would be looking to see if the boiler is putting out its badged capacity and if not then the reason would have to be identified ie lack of gas or the boiler output has been reduced, if the boiler is putting out its badged capacity and not achieving temperature then its to small for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

gary71 wrote: »
    Your boiler output is 3 rads worth of heat output short, I would be looking to see if the boiler is putting out its badged capacity and if not then the reason would have to be identified ie lack of gas or the boiler output has been reduced, if the boiler is putting out its badged capacity and not achieving temperature then its to small for your needs.

Thanks. This is strange though as it’s a Flexicom 30sx model which means it’s output is 30kW which I thought would be sufficient?

I went into the diagnostic menu and notice that there is a range rating for the 2 types of boiler model: the 18sx and the 30 sx. The range rating I seem to have is for the 18sx model between 10-18kW as opposed to between 10-30kW which I thought I should have.

Why is this does anyone know?

Thanks. This is strange though as it’s a Flexicom 30sx model which means it’s output is 30kW which I thought would be sufficient?

I went into the diagnostic menu and notice that there is a range rating for the 2 types of boiler model: the 18sx and the 30 sx. The range rating I seem to have is for the 18sx model between 10-18kW as opposed to between 10-30kW which I thought I should have.

Why is this does anyone know?

Most likely a mistake on commissioning, have the boiler serviced and your questions will be better answered.

Advertisement