Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrography / wood burning tools

Options
  • 02-11-2020 1:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in trying pyrography, but I'm not sure where to buy the tools / kit. There are a lot on amazon (so many it's overwhelming actually!), but I'd prefer to buy from an Irish supplier if possible. I've tried the art and hobby shop, but they're sold out.

I just want to try my hand at some Christmas decorations, so don't want to spend too much money, maybe up to 50euro.

Any advise at all would be great - just thought it would be something nice to try, but have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi Woodie, I've seen them not so long ago in Lidl but they've cancelled their special offers for the foreseeable future, so I don't know when/if they'll get them back in stock. Have you thought about asking here? I'll leave the thread for a few days to see if you get any replies, if you don't please let me know and I can move it to the woodcraft forum for you, if you like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thanks NH. I can't see any reviews for that one, so I'd be reluctant to buy it tbh :/

I might just see if I can find one I like on amazon with decent reviews and see if I can google anywhere in Ireland that sells them.

No worries Woodie. Would you like me to move this thread to the Woodcraft forum?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

New Home wrote: »
    No worries Woodie. Would you like me to move this thread to the Woodcraft forum?

That would be great, thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement

Right, so. :)

Mod hat on: Moving this to the woorcraft forum. Please note that that forum charter will apply from here on.

Advertisement