Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left job mid month- employer didn't pay salary

Options
  • 02-11-2020 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bad form here. I left a job mid month, and the employer clarified that I would be paid my salary and bonus at the end of the month.

No sign of it, no replies from employer and I'm in trouble with payments now.

What comeback do I have?

Much appreciated folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Esho wrote: »
    Hi,

Bad form here. I left a job mid month, and the employer clarified that I would be paid my salary and bonus at the end of the month.

No sign of it, no replies from employer and I'm in trouble with payments now.

What comeback do I have?

Much appreciated folks

what has the employer said when you asked them?

was the pay date meant to be the 30th, 31st October, 1st November etc?

is there a chance it could arrive today?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Esho

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    what has the employer said when you asked them?

was the pay date meant to be the 30th, 31st October, 1st November etc?

is there a chance it could arrive today?

Yes. Thanks . The text messages saying everything was going to bounce got to me
    If this was Adverts , I'd be labelled a time waster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Esho wrote: »
    Yes. Thanks . The text messages saying everything was going to bounce got to me
    If this was Adverts , I'd be labelled a time waster

Sorry, I don't understand.

What do you mean "The text messages saying everything was going to bounce got to me"?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Unknownability

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand.

What do you mean "The text messages saying everything was going to bounce got to me"?

I'd say they mean that the payment arrived today but prior to arriving they received text messages from their bank saying the direct debits were going to bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Esho

I'd say they mean that the payment arrived today but prior to arriving they received text messages from their bank saying the direct debits were going to bounce.

Yes that was exactly it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement