Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does vegetarian food give you a lot of gas?

Options
  • 01-11-2020 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

I can't stand it at all. It gives me gas, what's your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

“Vegetarian food” is just all the bits of the food omnivores eat that aren’t meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I can't stand it at all. It gives me gas, what's your experience?
    Not sure about the gas but if you eat lots of it it will fatten your ass. True story I know a few fat vegans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

It depends what you're eating, I know some people who are vegetarian but much of their diet is highly processed meat free food, I'm not sure what effects this has when it comes gas.
    If however someone is eating a lot of fruit and veg and pulses, chances are there will be gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm not one of them weirdo's but any time I eat Brussels sprout and drop a big bang theory, I can nearly taste the sprouts I'v eaten again, same with brocolli, but I do love a roast chicken, and a bit of ice cream for followers

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Well vegetarian stuff as mentioned is almost everything but meat. In your case meat is active in suppressing your flatulence...
    In seriousness the reason you fart is because your gut is not accustomed to the diet. But the more corresponding stomach bacteria you build up the less you'll embarrasse yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement