Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What insulation

Options
  • 01-11-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi

Thinking of topping up the insulation in the attic - 100mm at the minute, believe that regs now recommend 270mm? What would be type/brand to use for this job?

Comments

I can't recommend a brand but you should measure the depth of the joists and add what ever to fill them to the top.
    Then cover with a layer running the opposite direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Firblog wrote: »
    Hi

Thinking of topping up the insulation in the attic - 100mm at the minute, believe that regs now recommend 270mm? What would be type/brand to use for this job?

What's in there now 100mm of what type of insulation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

thanks for contributing, but have to say not going to give anyone my details to download that type of doc, prefer to get info without having to fill in a fairly detailed form giving my contact info etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Firblog wrote: »
    thanks for contributing, but have to say not going to give anyone my details to download that type of doc, prefer to get info without having to fill in a fairly detailed form giving my contact info etc

You're dead right not to trust the NSA-I. Beware the green helicopters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

http://www.ili.co.uk/en/S.R.54-2014.pdf

there's a link to the document if you want to read it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Lumen wrote: »
    You're dead right not to trust the NSA-I. Beware the green helicopters!

It's more I couldn't be arsed filling in a form to get the info.. allied to wtf do they need it for?

Advertisement