Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Way of securing trailers

Options
  • 01-11-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I have a couple of cow boxes and trailers.

They are lined up outside without anything to secure them onto with chains.

Any idea of best way of stopping them being stolen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

I have a couple of cow boxes and trailers.

They are lined up outside without anything to secure them onto with chains.

Any idea of best way of stopping them being stolen?

Each other with chains?
    Or wheel clamps maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have them lined up front to back, with nice bright orange/yellow clamps on them facing you.

Otherwise, have them lined up front to back, and the wheel facing you missing. Good if you don't intend on using them much.

You want the thief to continue onto somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Get hitch locks and put them on when not in use. They deter the casual hit and run thieves imo

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭twofish101

chains and clamps will fall foul to the portable angle grinder I afraid, removing a wheel would deter undesirables but its a serious pain to do every time. I have mine insured individually against theft which means there is some comeback if nicked. Our insurance rep told me of a case where the robbers brought a new coupler with them when they came to rob the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

If you park in the same place always a lockable post, same as those in car park spaces, up through the middle of the drawbar

Not cheap but effective

https://ultrasecure.ie/parking-security-posts/posts-bollards-for-parking-security/telescopic-security-posts-bollards-/black-tp-200-telescopic-security-parking-post-001-0650-p190.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Keep ours behind a locked gate with a hitch lock on And a security camera. Fritz the German Shepherd likes to sleep in one which is a bonus :pac:

Advertisement