Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20 G9810 12GB/128GB 5G - €628.89 on eGlobal Central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's a legit site. Popular enough on here. I bought from them a few times. Items always perfect. They just take about 2 weeks to arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Don't expect great warranty experience similar to other retailers like amazon ! If warranty is not a concern for you its a good site !!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 clashoftheash1

As a side note, do ye think it would it be worthwhile waiting for Black Friday or is that as good as I'll get for that model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

It's a great deal and totally legit - I have this exact phone from that link. It's got Taiwan firmware on it which doesn't make a difference, just an FYI. Way better S20 than the EU version, 12GB RAM vs 8GB and Snapdragon vs Exynos and all that for cheaper.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Eglobal is fine. I bought an iPad off them over the summer. It arrived but the delivery was on the slow side. I was aware of the site for a few years but the reviews always put me off. I would buy off them again.

• Advertisement

Good to hear.

Ya a lot of people giving out about the Exynos version online. No idea why we get an inferior version in Europe (or why there's sneakily two different versions of the same model at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Eglobal is fine. I bought an iPad off them over the summer. It arrived but the delivery was on the slow side. I was aware of the site for a few years but the reviews always put me off. I would buy off them again.

Exactly the same here, only never bit the bullet yet! Still wary!

Wouldn’t mind getting an S20 for herself for Christmas. Do eglobal do Black Friday deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Seems Amazon.de has that and the s20+ at quite good prices if eglobal scares you.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Soarer wrote: »
    Exactly the same here, only never bit the bullet yet! Still wary!

Wouldn’t mind getting an S20 for herself for Christmas. Do eglobal do Black Friday deals?

It took a long time to convince myself to try them out. Their prices were always enticing but the threads scattered around Boards about eglobal had mixed reviews. Same with Trust Pilot. None of the reviews ever seemed to suggest eglobal was a total scam so when I saw the iPad I was looking at was considerably cheaper than other places I was looking I said I'd give them a go for myself and see if I was being too cautious about them over the years. Worked out grand.

Not sure if they do Black Friday sales but their prices are very competitive as they are so I'm not sure if they have much room to pencil in discounts for BF. If you were waiting until BF you could be pushed to have the phone in time for Christmas. My iPad took the bones of 3 weeks to arrive and that's without the added pressure on the postal system at Christmas. I bought my S20 Plus off Samsung direct for €900 back in April. I see eglobal have the same one for €585, an excellent price. Wish I got it off them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks lads.

So how does the op know the phone has the good processor? Don’t see it listed anywhere in the specs.

Also, I assume you’re happy with the plus? You don’t regret not going with the ultra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

On the lookout for a new phone so thanks for the information so far. It's a great price for the quality

Thanks lads.

So how does the op know the phone has the good processor? Don’t see it listed anywhere in the specs.

Also, I assume you’re happy with the plus? You don’t regret not going with the ultra?

I'm really happy with the Plus, it's a fantastic phone. No regrets about not going for the Ultra, the Plus looks after everything I need from it very well. After researching the differences between the Plus and Ultra it wasn't worth the few hundred euro price difference (at the time) to me. I think the few improvements offered by the Ultra would have been mainly imperceptible to me.

Thanks lads.

https://www.phonemore.com/specs/samsung/galaxy-s20-5g/sm-g9810/

This site says it uses Snapdragon and I saw someone on Reddit state that all 5G models of the S20 use it (didn't look into it though).

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Eglobal are fine until something goes wrong then they are a complete nightmare, google them on here or on google itself, there are reams of stories about their poor customer service and downright skulduggery, pay the bit extra on amazon or similar well renowned sites or wait until black Friday for a deal.

septicsac wrote: »
    Eglobal are fine until something goes wrong then they are a complete nightmare, google them on here or on google itself, there are reams of stories about their poor customer service and downright skulduggery, pay the bit extra on amazon or similar well renowned sites or wait until black Friday for a deal.
    I made this point yesterday ! All fine until something goes wrong !

On the lookout for a new phone so thanks for the information so far. It's a great price for the quality

keep an eye on S20E.... i got from amazon germany for 630 bucks including delivery.

septicsac wrote: »

The only thing about that is that you can't buy the regular S20 with the Snapdragon chip in Europe. (The plus, ultra and SE models are too big for me)

Advertisement