Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November - Round the World Watch Fantasy Competition

• 01-11-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Last months winner Cienciano has sent me this months rules and its quite interesting. His rules are below along with the basic carry over rules. PM your collection to me in the format - watch, chrono link, price.

5 watch collection
    5 manufacturer has to be from 5 different countries
    Price limit: €20k

All watch asking price from Chrono 24 in Chrono 24 euros.
    EU countries only and UK in Chrono24.
    Prices at time of entry.
    In the case of a tie closest to the 20k wins.
    Entries before 15th November.
    Poll Closed on the 29th November
    Gentlemen please dont vote for you own collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

What !!! no Swiss (non-EU or UK) watches ??????

So I can't enter a Swatch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

What !!! no Swiss (non-EU or UK) watches ??????

So I can't enter a Swatch?

Only the chrono24 countries so we dont have to deal with import duties. The watch can be made anywhere you want. Even Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

To clarify, it is the brand country that is important.

5 watches sold from a dealer in Germany are ok it’s a Swiss, Japanese, America’s, English and German brand?

The selling dealer has to be from Europe but the brands can be world wide is my understanding.

Edit. Answered above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Oh now this is an interesting set of competition parameters!
    Looking forward to both entering and seeing how this one pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Are we classifying Panerai and Cartier as Swiss?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

C that was the toughest one yet:( I think it must be harder to spend 20k than 100k

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

redlead wrote: »
    Are we classifying Panerai and Cartier as Swiss?

I would say cartier are French and Panerai are Italian. Basically, where they advertise as being from. Some brands are owned by a bigger company, I'd say it's where the actual brand are from. So Glashütte Original are German rather than swiss as the parent company is swiss, but Glashütte are know to be German. If in doubt, the wiki entry should clear it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

20k goes surprisingly far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

One week left for entrys, I think this is a hard one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Count the vote! Stop the vote!

Looking forward to the choices :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My entry in this is my tomorrow job :D
    Today's was installing a new induction hob and fixing the leak in my fridge's water hose ;)
    Now that's done, I can spend some time on chrono24 before I gotta write a bloody essay for the psuedo science of sociology :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

Not had time yet. Struggling a little with it. Difficult to find anything outside of Swiss or German that I would genuinely buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

I started putting it together but wasn't happy with my choices as they were just too obvious. This one is pretty hard and has found me out haha. I must try to have another stab of it if laziness doesn't get the better of me.

Advertisement