Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminal connection 25sq

Options
  • 31-10-2020 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,is there a terminal block you could get big enough for 25sq swa to terminate in a s fuse board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

You will get any size terminal block. 25sq won't be a problem. Would a reducing pin be of benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

What's the application

25sq isn't that big , the board should accomodate it if it's rated for 25

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rodge84

JimToken wrote: »
    What's the application

25sq isn't that big , the board should accomodate it if it's rated for 25

For powering a shed on a farm.Got a schnieder ip 65 board thinking their would be space in the terminal connection for the the 25sq.

I'm assuming the earth and neutral are too big for the earth and neutral bars? A reducing pin would suffice.

Another option would be to install 25sq din rails, terminate the cable and come out in flexible tails.

ptogher14 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the earth and neutral are too big for the earth and neutral bars? A reducing pin would suffice.

Another option would be to install 25sq din rails, terminate the cable and come out in flexible tails.

Yeah,The earth and neutral are to big,I should of checked the board before purchasing.Think the din rails could be the way to go and come out with flexi as you said.Would 16s flexi be an option

• Advertisement

It's not an uncommon problem. Double check all the terminals. Sometimes there's one larger than the rest. What size breaker is protecting the 25sq? 16sq tri rated flex is good for a 100A

It's not an uncommon problem. Double check all the terminals. Sometimes there's one larger than the rest. What size breaker is protecting the 25sq? 16sq tri rated flex is good for a 100A

As the 25sq would be going on an 80 amp breaker

See data sheet for tri rated flexi

See data sheet for tri rated flexi

Thats handy.Thanking you for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

I remember going back a bit my inspector wanted the main protective conductor spread across 2 terminals

Something to do with the risk of 1 terminal loosening

I'm nearly sure he said there was a regulation but I don't see anything in ET101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I think hes looking at consumer units too much. I see in what he is trying to achieve.

Not a regulation, can't be done in most cases. Can't be done on Atex equipment.

Advertisement