Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird border installation

Options
  • 31-10-2020 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on how to deal with this.

I have some work to quote for with an installation in County Donegal. Whilst looking for the electrode and ESB meter I enquired about where they were. I was led to a box across a stream next to the building just a few yards away. However this is an NIE meter as crossing this stream brings you into County Derry. How should this installation be dealt with? Should it be an ET101/I.S. 10101 installation? (It will have a northern MPRN number presumably.) Should it be a BS7671 installation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Whatever side of the border the premises is on you'll have to go with that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

The electrical installation in the ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

This is common along the border on large sites and one hotel in particular which sits right on the border they used to switch between energy providers. the same was also done up in Quinntown which would have had a huge energy demand at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes Id vote for the installation location.

Advertisement