Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal extortion by utility providers.

Options
  • 31-10-2020 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I am amazed by the ability of some of our utility providers to promise a service, provide nothing like the service they offer or in some cases no service, no customer service support but can legally demand their money.
    If you exhaust all the possible ways of contacting them and then stop paying, you are threatened with court action and bailiffs.
    We had the misfortune in getting a faulty iPhone from eir which could not be repaired properly. Weeks passed with the phone being returned not working. Around the same time our broadband virtually ceased. No amount of calling to their shop, trying to call customer support, messaging, or online chat could get their attention.
    In the end I cancelled the DD. All the usual threats quickly appeared, their phone lines miraculously started working, however for threats only, not customer support.
    If I offered to clean someones gutters, took a deposit and scarpered, I would quite rightly be prosecuted if caught. These guys can flout their responsibilities without any recriminations. Why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

Well that was your first mistake,going to Eir

Advertisement