Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Good car parks for practising

  • 31-10-2020 12:28am
    #1
    Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Anyone know good car parks in Dublin that will be closed or quiet for practising:

    Tight turn from stop
    Full lock handlebar turn
    Counter weight, counter steer, balance
    Figure 8


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 30,709 ✭✭✭✭ listermint


    Where in Dublin would be a good start. Its rather big... ;)


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    listermint wrote: »
    Where in Dublin would be a good start. Its rather big... ;)

    South side preferably


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭ con747


    Just go to a local industrial estate and you should find somewhere in it quiet enough.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭ Jimmy Bottlehead


    brenbrady wrote: »
    South side preferably

    You're getting warmer.........


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ goblin59


    phoenix park is pretty good.
    I also found you get most practise manoeuvres in by driving to krispy kreme in blanch.
    can do a figure of 8 in their carpark too


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭ Jimmy Bottlehead


    goblin59 wrote: »
    phoenix park is pretty good.
    I also found you get most practise manoeuvres in by driving to krispy kreme in blanch.
    can do a figure of 8 in their carpark too

    If you hang around Krispy Kreme long enough, you look like a figure of 8 too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ goblin59


    If you hang around Krispy Kreme long enough, you look like a figure of 8 too.



    i can eat maybe 2 donuts from there before the sugar becomes too much for me xD

    but i was good practise, could do slow riding and filtering.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭ Nozebleed


    shamrock rovers stadium. tallaght. or spawell car park templeogue. both are perfect and usually empty.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭ Jimmy Bottlehead


    goblin59 wrote: »
    i can eat maybe 2 donuts from there before the sugar becomes too much for me xD

    but i was good practise, could do slow riding and filtering.

    More donuts = lower centre of gravity = better manoeuvring.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭ Hotblack Desiato


    More donuts = lower centre of gravity = better manoeuvring.

    That's exactly what lennymc used to say :pac:

    The likes of Alcohol Action Ireland won't be happy until we all have ration cards. Maybe not even then.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ schaffer


    brenbrady wrote: »
    Anyone know good car parks in Dublin that will be closed or quiet for practising:

    Tight turn from stop
    Full lock handlebar turn
    Counter weight, counter steer, balance
    Figure 8

    UCD has plenty of car parks.
    I'd suggest you find the routes for the local test centre and practice, especially the u-turn.


Advertisement