Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big hole in garage roof where flue was taken out

Options
  • 30-10-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi. I had my old boiler removed from my garage (which stands detatched from my house) and replaced with a condensor boiler outside. The plumbers took away my old boiler, but have left a gaping hole in the garage roof where the flue had exited the roof. When I noticed this, I phoned the plumbing company & was told that the plugging/fixing of the hole was not accounted for in my estimate. Is this fair?

Comments

Hi. I had my old boiler removed from my garage (which stands detatched from my house) and replaced with a condensor boiler outside. The plumbers took away my old boiler, but have left a gaping hole in the garage roof where the flue had exited the roof. When I noticed this, I phoned the plumbing company & was told that the plugging/fixing of the hole was not accounted for in my estimate. Is this fair?

I don’t believe any good tradesmen would leave a hole in a roof, I also think that no good tradesmen would commence work that would leave a hole in the roof without discussion how things will be left on completion to prevent any problems after they’ve left.

Advertisement