Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Door Gasket for a Wine Cooler

• 30-10-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Wine cooler is not cooling to the required temperature.
    I have been told that it might be the door gasket/seal.

I got onto the manufacturer and the said that they don't supply this as a spare.
    Other online spares sites don't seem to recognise the manufacturer/model.

It is made by Electriq and the model is EQWINE60BL, Black
    The gasket seems to be 700mm x 570mm

Can anyone help with sourcing a replacement? Does not seem to be that easy to find on a web search and I don't want to buy the wrong thing

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if the fridge needs a door seal it should be obvious, it will either be split or it wont be sealing all the way around. if it is damaged you need to check can it be replaced, turn back a section and see if the door liner is held in place by screws or is it moulded as most are with years. observe the fridge to see if it is running continuously, ideally check it with a thermometer to see what temp it is getting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks for reply

The seal appears to be molded in that I can pull it out and put it back again.
    There is some slight damage at the bottom but I am not really convinced that this is a problem.
    It does not appear to be running all the time.

It has an upper and lower section where the temperatures can be set independently
    Upper section range is 5 to 12
    Lower section rage is 12 to 22

The upper section seems be only getting as low as 10 (sometimes 9). Meaning drinks are not really cold enough.
    The lower section seems to get to 14

Anything else I should be checking - filter?

Thanks

When you say it has two different temperature ranges it may be frost free like the American style fridges, check the hand book if it is frost free start by plugging it out for 24 hours to let it manually defrost and see if it gets cooler when plugged back in

What I mean is that it has an upper and a lower zone with independent controls.
    I guess for white wines on top and red wines in the bottom.

It is a cooler and not a fridge, as such - it is not designed to freeze.
    https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/eqwine60bl/electriq-eqwine60bl-freestanding-wine-cooler

EQWINE60BL_5_Supersize.jpg?width=937&height=937&v=3

Looking at the spec on their website it has a compressor and it’s frost free .you already have indicated that it cuts in and out so I would assume that it has not got a refrigerant leak. The fact that it has two different temp zones I would think that it has forced air cooling from the evaporator by fan so to narrow it down it may be clogged up with ice, a slow spinning fan which is not circulating properly or the filters they mention may be clogged up preventing circulation, I don’t think it’s a diy solver ideally a refrigeration engineer should be able to sort it

• Advertisement

Okay - thanks for the great advice.

Advertisement