Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for hard water Softeners (Brand and Supplier/Fitter)

Options
  • 29-10-2020 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm just after moving into a new (to me) house (second-hand house) in Edenderry, Offaly. Having lived in Wicklow all my life, hard water is not something I've ever had to deal with, nor do I plan to! I can't believe that after 2 days my kettle already has a build up of limescale in it!

I'm looking for a recommendation on companies to supply and fit a water softener to cover the entire house. Also curious what brand/models of softeners users on here use.

For a bit of info, it's a 3 bed house lived in by 3 adults. Our water usage won't be excessive I don't think, about average (whatever that may be!) Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭shane b

Clack or Autotrol are recognized brands and most softeners now regenerate on volume rather than timers.
    There are a number of companies based in meath or kildare supplying softeners. Meath is a very hard water area so good requirement for softeners.
    There is a guy in kilcock and there is a company in Broadford that supply and service softeners so ring them and get a price.

Advertisement